11 Clan Member panel

Member Login

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Question about Baserape

Question about Baserape

Postby Loeft1 » Sat 26 Apr, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi Lads,

Now that we got the ban thing sorted out (viewforum.php?f=183) and I can derive that it was for baserape/attaching carrier I have a few questions.

Am I right in assuming that you consider shooting someone that goes BACK into their Uncap/Base Baserape as well?
What do you consider a "safe" distance for attacking, in this case mostly jets, that fly close to their home base, or fly back in to avoid getting shot?

At NRU we run a couple of servers too and we also have a No Baserape rule in effect, but also a No Base camping as in our opinion it would be an unfair advantage to allow someone to shoot out but not get shot at.
In that light a Jet "hiding" in its own base would also have a great advantage, the aggressor (in this case chasing jet) will have to break away 1 to avoid baserape but also to avoid the Auto AA in BF4. This means the other jet will have all the time in the world to chase the aggressor and thus an easy and in my opinion unwarrented kill.
For us (NRU) once they are out or shooting out they are basically "fair game".

Anyway, thanks for the unban and I hope to CU all on the battlefield (I'll probabably be the cock in the jet).

Regards

Loeft1
Loeft1

Re: Question about Baserape

Postby Loki » Sat 26 Apr, 2014 2:07 pm

Let me answer your questions so:

In the "good old times" (I started playing Battlefield with BF 1942 and the Desert Combat mods), when you were in a dog fight with an enemy aircraft and the pilot escapes out of his burning aircraft into his base, you did not killed him on the ground, you waited till he was back in the air.
Infantry is not an opponent for a jet, so it's not honorable to kill pedestrians with a jet!

I know today no one interested words like "honorable", but we are an old school clan and thats our servers. ;-)

The other thing is when AA/tanks/snipers permanently shoot out of their base ... go in, kill the noobs and leave the base immediately again!
If they shoot permanently out of their base, you can kill them in their base ... easy thing!

Regards
Loki
Loki
Leader in Retirement

Postby Loeft1 » Sat 26 Apr, 2014 2:15 pm

Alright TY for the answer.

I never really bother with bailers and sure don't chase them on the ground. But if a (wounded) aircraft goes back to its base its still OK to shoot it then (with the pilot still in) its not some "safe zone" where you have to break off your chase or dog fight...
Loeft1

Postby Loki » Sat 26 Apr, 2014 2:29 pm

When the pilot stays in his aircraft (in the air!), it's ok to shoot him. In this way the base is not a "safe zone".
Loki
Leader in Retirement

Postby Loeft1 » Sat 26 Apr, 2014 3:07 pm

All clear Thx

Catch you on the BF
Loeft1