11 Clan Member panel

Member Login

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

sHoWt1mE - accused of glitching?

Postby sHoWt1mE . » Thu 28 Jan, 2016 4:30 am

Dear All,

Unfortunately I got banned because of a prior BF3 Ban. If I am not mistaking years ago I spawned on a guy who was in the ceiling on Operation Metro. The whole squad got banned even though I did not attempt to kill anybody, I just wanted to get out of the wall.

I kindy would like to ask you if you would lift this ban?

Kind Regards from Germany
sHoWt1mE
sHoWt1mE .

banned

Postby sHoW » Thu 28 Jan, 2016 4:35 am

Dear All,

My BL user name is sHoWt1mE.
Unfortunately I got banned because of a prior BF3 Ban. If I am not mistaking years ago I spawned on a guy who was in the ceiling on Operation Metro. The whole squad got banned even though I did not attempt to kill anybody, I just wanted to get out of the wall. I really understand that you do not want any glitchers on your server. But I can assure you that I am no glitcher.

Kind Regards from Germany
sHoWt1mE
sHoW

Re: banned

Postby EBassie » Thu 28 Jan, 2016 10:55 am

sHoW wrote:If I am not mistaking years ago I spawned on a guy who was in the ceiling on Operation Metro. The whole squad got banned even though I did not attempt to kill anybody, I just wanted to get out of the wall.

Hi sHoWt1mE,

Are you sure about that? We have some nice PB Screenshots from you...

So it's not just an accusation... it's fact.

You glitched & you made kills while being in the ceiling and you stayed there for than 10 minutes before getting banned by an admin. Our logs do not show any other player being banned at that time...

If you wanted just to get out of the wall, why didn't you just suicide / redeploy?

sHoW wrote:I really understand that you do not want any glitchers on your server. But I can assure you that I am no glitcher.

Players like yourself are the reason we had to give up on our BF3 Metro server: Too many cheaters and glitchers.

I think you have not been completely honest in this ban appeal, so I do not feel the need to remove this ban.

With regards,

EB
EBassie
Leader

Re: sHoWt1mE - accused of glitching?

Postby WolfSanguis » Thu 28 Jan, 2016 3:24 pm

Eh, No. Glitchers and people who lie about it... Just no.

WolfSanguis
Clan Member

Postby VakuumKnecht » Thu 28 Jan, 2016 9:01 pm

No! Have a nice life
"The price of greatness is responsibility" - Winston Churchill
VakuumKnecht
Clan Member

Postby sHoWt1mE . » Fri 29 Jan, 2016 4:31 am

EBassie wrote:
sHoW wrote:If I am not mistaking years ago I spawned on a guy who was in the ceiling on Operation Metro. The whole squad got banned even though I did not attempt to kill anybody, I just wanted to get out of the wall.

Hi sHoWt1mE,

Are you sure about that? We have some nice PB Screenshots from you...

So it's not just an accusation... it's fact.

You glitched & you made kills while being in the ceiling and you stayed there for than 10 minutes before getting banned by an admin. Our logs do not show any other player being banned at that time...

If you wanted just to get out of the wall, why didn't you just suicide / redeploy?

sHoW wrote:I really understand that you do not want any glitchers on your server. But I can assure you that I am no glitcher.

Players like yourself are the reason we had to give up on our BF3 Metro server: Too many cheaters and glitchers.

I think you have not been completely honest in this ban appeal, so I do not feel the need to remove this ban.

With regards,

EB

Dear EBassie,

First off, thanks a lot for the screenshots and your quick reply. Well, I think I have to clarify some things. Not with you, but most likely with my son or one of his friends. If I am not mistaking, this is a Battlefield 3 screenshot. When he lived in my appartment thanks to my beautiful ex wife, I allowed him to play some Battlefield from time to time. Now he visits me from time to time but has already his own Battlefield 3 and 4 account.
I kindly would like to ask, if you would be able to send me the date and time of the screenshots so that I can check some things and possibly have some serious talk to him.

What I did - as I previously mentioned - I spawned on a teammate or a beacon (not sure) in the ceiling - not the places the screenshots show. It's a different place (I think one of the staircases). So I completely understand that you hate glitchers and do not hesitate to ban them. Same applies for me for the time I've had an own Battlefield 3 and 4 server.

I am also active in the anti-cheating community and the EA AHQ.

You do not need to unban me. I really understand that these screenshots might be your proof. But I would like to know the date and time and possibly the IP address. Just need to make sure that he didn't play at his mother's appartment. Long story, but important for me.

So thanks guys, I appreciate your effort and if I can provide any further information, please let me know.

Have a nice weekend and thanks for running your servers and keeping them clean.

Best,
Thomas aka sHoWt1mE from Berlin, Germany
sHoWt1mE .

Postby VakuumKnecht » Fri 29 Jan, 2016 2:49 pm

Hi Thomas

We'll see what amount of data we can provide you but since it's a long time ago I doubt that we still have the logs. Since you say yourself that you are active yourself in the anticheat community you probably know how many times we hear the "my brother played or my wife played" excuse and I only can repeat myself. If it's your account you are responsible for the things that happend with it. If you don't want that to happen don't lend it to anyone. Since you got that yourself and aren't even asking for a unban I'm thinking of sitting together with the other admins and discuss your case again.....
"The price of greatness is responsibility" - Winston Churchill
VakuumKnecht
Clan Member

Postby EBassie » Fri 29 Jan, 2016 2:58 pm

sHoWt1mE . wrote:
Dear EBassie,

First off, thanks a lot for the screenshots and your quick reply. Well, I think I have to clarify some things. Not with you, but most likely with my son or one of his friends. If I am not mistaking, this is a Battlefield 3 screenshot. When he lived in my appartment thanks to my beautiful ex wife, I allowed him to play some Battlefield from time to time. Now he visits me from time to time but has already his own Battlefield 3 and 4 account.
I kindly would like to ask, if you would be able to send me the date and time of the screenshots so that I can check some things and possibly have some serious talk to him.

What I did - as I previously mentioned - I spawned on a teammate or a beacon (not sure) in the ceiling - not the places the screenshots show. It's a different place (I think one of the staircases). So I completely understand that you hate glitchers and do not hesitate to ban them. Same applies for me for the time I've had an own Battlefield 3 and 4 server.

I am also active in the anti-cheating community and the EA AHQ.

You do not need to unban me. I really understand that these screenshots might be your proof. But I would like to know the date and time and possibly the IP address. Just need to make sure that he didn't play at his mother's appartment. Long story, but important for me.

So thanks guys, I appreciate your effort and if I can provide any further information, please let me know.

Have a nice weekend and thanks for running your servers and keeping them clean.

Best,
Thomas aka sHoWt1mE from Berlin, Germany

Hi sHoWt1mE,

As you say you are active in the anti-cheating community (like myself), you probably know the golden rule:
We ban the account, not the player.

Meaning: we have no insight in who is playing with the account. Brother, son, wife, dog or goldfish...
We just don't know. But we still ban on violations. Same goes for PunkBuster or services like PBBans.

The PB screenshots do not have a timestamp and the logs are long gone.
But I can tell you all these screenshots were made on 2013-09-25 around 20:56.
And your last recorded IP address you had on our server before getting banned is 24.134.19.120

That IP is owned by Vodafone Kabel Deutschland, same as the IP you're using now.

If you can supply solid evidence that this was not you but your son, I'm willing to reconsider this ban.

With regards,

EB
EBassie
Leader

Postby *ELAN_ONE* » Sat 30 Jan, 2016 5:51 pm

Hello Thomas,

I recognized you gaming on the "only bolt snbiper" server. From time to time we even played against each other and it was always kind of even. Hence I assume you are at least not cheating....and when it comes to this gltiching issue I appreciate that you keep us in the loop what might happened (hoping you are nor blaiming your son for your personal mistake ;) ) and I even more appreciate Bassies extra work here as he needs to spend even more time on your case. But my 2 cent to this....we should - after it has been proven that Thomas son has been caugth glitching with his account - give Thomas a second chance.

My 2 cent
*ELAN_ONE*
Clan Member

Postby Loki » Sun 31 Jan, 2016 7:09 pm

Well, send us a picture from your son with a bag of noodles in the left and a bottle of Coke in the right hand and we will forgive him! 8-)
Loki
Leader in Retirement

Next