11 Clan Member panel

Member Login

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

BarrageOfPhallus ... Banned for arguing with homophobes.

Re: BarrageOfPhallus ... Banned for arguing with homophobes.

Postby VakuumKnecht » Sun 28 Sep, 2014 10:30 pm

Hey Barrage
Since I was the banning admin I'd like to respond to your appeal aswell. As my fellow clanmates and admins have already pointed out was the "genetically inferior" part the banreason. I indeed told you to be quiet aswell as I wanted to do later to the other arguing fools. But before I wanted to warn them(our Headadmin took care of them (5weeks ban) before I did) I checked your chatlog and saw the "genetically inferior" part. Eventhough you were so kind to be quiet after I gave the order, my bansense (rare sense only admins of this awesom clan have) started tickling and I had to swing the banhammer. Due to your cooperation with the shutting up part I decided to only give you a week. But now that I see what a crap you've typed and who you have insulted (us admins, which normally means atleas a longer vacation form playing on our server) I have the feeling that I was way to kind and should have atleast given you 1 month or even a permban. On the other hand your post is an honorable gesture and you it seems like you really want to be unbanned. So It's a dilemma for me. I'd absolutely permban you for the insults and inappropriate comments you've throwen out but I still like your efforts to apologize. I will think about it and discuss the matter with the other admins. A decision will be made and you will be informed.
I'd like to give you a little advice which every smart person (and you seem absolutely smart) should follow. Sometimes it's better to shut up and ignore fools, since they like to "troll" around. As soon as you reveal a "weakspot" like your honorable kicking in against homophobia, which I personally absolutely support, they will have a lot of fun to provoke you. But still in the chatlogs you haven't always been provoked and still insulted us admins and other players. Either way this is NOT IN ANY WAY a punishment for your standing up for homosexual people, which is a great attitude but a punishment for the other part of you which overshadowed your good part enormously.
"The price of greatness is responsibility" - Winston Churchill
VakuumKnecht
Clan Member

Postby Barrage » Sun 28 Sep, 2014 10:56 pm

Thanks for the clarification Vakuum, I appreciate it, and I absolutely agree with your advice. Also yeah I now totally understand (and agree) with what I am being punished for. I'm totally accepting responsibility and blame for that stuff. I understand you guys wanting to uphold the standards of the clan and its servers, but this is also one of the reasons I'm trying to ask for a last chance and whatnot; everyone who has contributed in replies has been well-mannered and to-the-point, and I feel I have been treated totally fairly. I want to remain part of that community. I have been allowed to explain things too instead of having my bad actions totally overshadow everything else, which I really do appreciate.

I'm guessing it is very apparent now that one of my weak spots is struggling to ignore idiots and let the proper authorities deal with them. Please don't hold me to the comments I made about admins, as this was just me being blind in the moment and thinking admins were only reacting to me and I was not considering what punishments other people were going to get, when now I see that because I was the active element, shutting me up was priority number 1 to calm things down. Again though I just want to ask for a final chance, so I can continue to be part of this clan's server communities. I'd like the opportunity to show that this has genuinely made me realize that I have allowed the worst of me to come out and that I need to cut that stuff out immediately. It clearly isn't doing anyone else, or myself, any favours letting myself get wound up by other people's comments and actions when I clearly need to just focus on my own ones. Whatever the outcome of this appeal, it has at least allowed me to see that I really need to shut the hell up at times.
Barrage

Postby VakuumKnecht » Mon 29 Sep, 2014 10:14 pm

Good Evening Barrage

A decision has been made by the admins and we have to tell you that the great majority of the admins voted for a permban. Eventhough you seemed to regret your actions and apologized, your actions and bad behaviour were too heavy to cut the ban to a temporary. The fact that you're bad behaviour wasn't just a onetime event (as seen in the chatlogs) influenced the decision aswell. In the past we've made the experience that players who constantly and repeatedly flamed, insulted and were disrespectful nearly never changed their attitude, so we doubt it aswell in your case. The step to contact us and to show us your point of view made a good impression and surprised us positivley. We also could understand some of your actions but the way and amount you broke our rules was still to heavy to unban you.
We ofc still wish you a nice time playing and enjoying Battlfield 4, but not on our servers anymore.
We hope you will still have pleasure playing.
The admins of the -=11=- Clan
"The price of greatness is responsibility" - Winston Churchill
VakuumKnecht
Clan Member

Postby Barrage » Tue 30 Sep, 2014 1:52 am

Ah... damn. Oh well, serves me right after all, and you're correct; there is no way for you guys to know whether I am being sincere or not, or whether I really do intend to change my behaviour. I agree too that most people never change, so I imagine that from admin perspective, it is not worth the risk. I guess I can at least go away from this having learned a few things. Thanks for your time and the other admins' time, I really appreciate that I was treated with respect and allowed a chance to explain. Good luck to you all for the future and enjoy gaming.
Barrage

Previous