BF4 server: Are the good times over?

... players & admins
... nade / m320 / RPG / SMAW spam
... server scripts
... problems with TeamSpeak
... anything else on our servers

BF4 server: Are the good times over?

Postby lukasbrun » Sun 07 May, 2017 10:38 am

Lately the BF4 conquest server has been experiencing some really bad lag and crashes. Appearently this has led to players seeking other servers (myself included), leaving the 11-clan server completely empty. Will the server issues be dealt with or is this the sad ending of a glorious era?

Since the spreading of BF1 a lot of the regular players have vanished, making room for a horde of players bringing their bad habits from other servers, so I guess it's been pointing in that direction for some time.

I sure am going to miss this little safe haven. The only server on which you could play for two hours straight without being yelled at by some spare time nazi teenager -you know the kind I'm talking about :)
lukasbrun

Re: BF4 server: Are the good times over?

Postby EBassie » Sun 07 May, 2017 8:06 pm

Hi lukasbrun,

I was on vacation the other week and indeed noticed all these crashes, so I decided to stop trying to populate it as I could not fix these issues myself.

I could have contacted our provider and ask them for a reinstall. But I think this particular box has issues so it would not have fixed it and I decided against it, since this server will go offline for good in 4 days.

Indeed the behaviour of many new players is becoming ridiculous and this is one of the reasons we will not be renewing our BF4 servers.
It takes too much of my time to make sure trolls are being removed. And it takes me too much time to get the servers populated, since player numbers are at an all time low.

Thanks for the kind words though. Glad our mission was accomplished: create a nice gaming environment.

With regards,

EB
EBassie
Leader

Re: BF4 server: Are the good times over?

Postby lukasbrun » Sun 07 May, 2017 8:32 pm

AFFIRMATIVE
lukasbrun