11 Clan Member panel

Member Login

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

What is #BF3Blackout?

This is for posting news on the frontpage

What is #BF3Blackout?

Postby EBassie » Thu 23 Feb, 2012 9:47 pm

Last couple of days you may have seen the term #BF3BLACKOUT across the interwebz.

So what is it about?
Like many gamers, the biggest Battlefield community websites have had enough of the radiosilence from EA / DICE about Battlefield 3. They now want to make a stand.

If, by March 2nd, the communication between the BF3 developers (EA & DICE) and the community has not been improved their websites and BF3 servers will be down for 24 hours. They also encourage the community to do the same.

More background info here:
http://mp1st.com/2012/02/22/battlefield ... 3blackout/
http://battlefieldo.com/threads/blackou ... ield.3881/

I like the idea of shutting down our servers for 24 hours to make this statement.
Personally I'm really fed up with the 'no information' cycle we have been in. This game has sooooo many problems and it looks like DICE is forbidden by EA to talk about future plans.

We are all waiting for THE patch to fix many problems, but NO ETA is given.

But also we still do NOT have any info about these features:
  • VIP slots
  • Player Ping Info in RCON (so we can kick High Pingers, instead of declining whole countries access)
  • Player Mute function in RCON
  • Player Say function in RCON
  • Player clantags in RCON

All the above points were in BF:BC2, but still no word about it for BF3.

So are we going to participate the Blackout if, by March 2nd, there are no improvements in communication?
Please discuss!
EBassie
Leader

Re: What is #BF3Blackout?

Postby bananaSkill » Thu 23 Feb, 2012 10:38 pm

Agree, as stated in the shoutbox i dont think the cooperate suits are going to notice but fuck it lets do our part!
bananaSkill
Leader

Postby EBassie » Thu 23 Feb, 2012 10:45 pm

I think they noticed the community is fed up with this shit.
There are already some improvements and 'ideas'.

Weekly Blog:
http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/02/inside-dice/

Confirmed Fix list came out today (just part of the patch and most on it has already been 'confirmed'):
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/ne ... 195992365/

DICE employees on Twitter reacted positively on the BlackOut initiative.

Point of the blackout is a steady stream of information to the community. So let's see if they can keep it up.
A start has been made.
EBassie
Leader

Postby Loki » Fri 24 Feb, 2012 12:04 am

Ok, in german because in english it is to complicate for me ...

FUCK OFF!

Die Community bittet seit Wochen darum das EA/Dice sich endlich bewegt und dieses total verbuggte Spiel endlich patcht, vernünftig patcht und was kommt zurück? Nix, nada, niente, nothing, njet!

Wenn bestimmten Herrschaften jetzt der Arsch auf Grundeis geht und man schnell, schnell ankündigt das man an einem Patch arbeitet und bemüht ist das Problem schnellstmöglich aus der Welt zu schaffen ... PRIMA ... schön das man sich bewegt! ABER ... man hätte sich schon früher bewegen sollen und nicht erst jetzt wo die Community, die man bisher ja wohl nicht so richtig ernst genommen hat, Druck macht. Meiner Meinung nach sollte die Community die Aktion "BF3Blackout24" durchziehen wie geplant und nicht wieder zurückstecken wenn EA/Dice mit einem Patch kommt. Ich denke eh das es nicht "DER" Patch wird auf den wir alle warten und auf den wir alle hoffen, denn in der kürze der Zeit wäre dieser nicht zu realisieren. Ich denke das EA/Dice mit irgendeiner halben Scheisse rüberkommen wird und dann versucht uns weiter zu vertrösten.

Meine Meinung:
Das Ding gehört durchgezogen! Am 02.03.2012 sollten für 24Std. möglichst viele Server runtergefahren werden und auf jeder gottverdammten Community-Website sollte auf dem Index die Nachricht zu lesen sein ... BF3BLACKOUT24 - We're in!

Just my 2 cent
Loki
Leader in Retirement

Postby EBassie » Fri 24 Feb, 2012 12:42 am

Well said Loki, well said!

HOOOOOOOAAAAAAAH!
EBassie
Leader

Postby Nodbrother » Fri 24 Feb, 2012 3:17 am

HOOAH!
Nodbrother
Leader

Postby bananaSkill » Fri 24 Feb, 2012 9:50 am

Thats whats up!
bananaSkill
Leader

Postby vanPaalen » Sat 25 Feb, 2012 5:20 pm

great initiative this #BF3BLACKOUT! are we still going to do this though?
because i think the upcoming patch messes around with (maybe) too many things! and for that reason i don't know if it's going to be any better...
it seems that they are not concentrating on fixes to me. and on top of that they add: flares can distract laser guided shells/missiles......WTF!? changes like that don't even make sense!

i think they need to fix bugs first!

and they should have done a lot of things (earlier) but hey that can't do that anymore ;)

well....we'll see how it's going to be on the battlefield! :?
Cya on the Battlefield!

vanPaalen
Clan Member

Postby RbBetter » Sat 25 Feb, 2012 9:42 pm

As stated before, let's install Scrable Ultimate on the server and start playing that game instead of BF3 on the 2end of March.

I agree with loki's Text, and vanpaalen.
The description of the items they are working on, is enourmous, and i don'tbelieve that they will create 1 big fix for all the issues.
The general experience with updates/patches is often, 1 step forward, and 2 steps back.

So, switch it off on March the second......

May the Farce be with you
RbBetter
Clan Member

Postby foxterrier » Sat 25 Feb, 2012 10:45 pm

Words of wisdom,Rb. 8-)
foxterrier
Member of Honor

Next