11 Clan Member panel

Member Login

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Map Rotation change

Map Rotation change

Postby PenetrationUK » Fri 14 Aug, 2015 11:07 pm

I think we need to include some of the older maps in the map rotation to try and get the number of players up.
PenetrationUK

Re: Map Rotation change

Postby EBassie » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 11:55 am

Hi PenetrationUK,

Every day we try to fill up the server, but there are just too few players to get it going.

The easiest way to get the server populated is to start with Hotwire and then, when 12 players are in, change the maplist to the MIXED MODE settings.

I will add the base maps to the game, but I don't think it's going to make a big difference.
This game is pretty much dead on PC.

The lease of this server expires on September 16th and as it's looking now, it's not worth the time and money to renew the contract. :(
EBassie
Leader

Postby PenetrationUK » Sun 16 Aug, 2015 4:48 pm

It’s a pity you are thinking of not renewing the server, as you are filling it every day but just not long enough into the evening.

I know a lot of regular players would like to see you host this server into the future and we have enjoyed playing together on it for the past few months.

Personally I don’t like hotwire, but enjoy all the other modes. I feel if you included the base maps it will stop players getting bored so quickly and maybe staying on longer.

Hope you seriously consider continue hosting this server, you got my support :)
PenetrationUK

Postby EBassie » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 12:10 pm

Unfortunately it takes me too much time and resources to get this server going.

I have to run 4 PC'S with 4 different game accounts for almost 8 hours a day to get the server fully populated only for 4-6 hours a day.

32 slots is just a pain in the ass to keep going....

After each round at least 10-14 players quit and the server is half empty again.

We could upgrade the server to 48 slots, but that will also cost serious money and I doubt it's worth it, since Battlelog has no filter option for 48 slots.

Now that I have added all maps in mixed mode we have another issue with the filter: the server doesn't show when checking the Criminal Activity DLC when a vanilla map is currently active.

It all is just a real pain in the ass to run this server.

We still have 3 weeks to decide, but it doesn't look good.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
EBassie
Leader

Postby _sam_9mm » Tue 18 Aug, 2015 1:54 pm

I never had to run a server, so i kann only try to think how much effort you have to put into it.
But that is beyond my imagination. its much more work and dedication than i thought.
I feel like i would like to help some how. Maybe i kann join in and do some rounds.
But please tell me so, if i can be helpfull in any way.
We dont see the things the way they are, but the way we are.
Anaïs Nin
_sam_9mm
Clan Member