11 Clan Member panel

Member Login

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

[Auto-Admin] EyesCreamEagle - Banned for language

Postby EyesCreamEagle » Wed 02 Nov, 2016 4:41 pm

Greetings, I've recently been banned for unwanted language, again. I don't remeber the phrase, but I think I jokingly called someone an asshole and your filter bans/kicks for certain words and certain words are approved.

I know it's automated, yes, it can't tell if I was joking, or not and yes, it didn't happen the first time, otherwise I wouldn't be here.

I'm generally foul-mouthed, even in real life, but I would never verbally abuse someone to the point it's abusive or something. I can say the occasional "F you" to someone, but this literally happened, when I got killed in a really stupid way by a person I was joking with. I admit I can have a bad day, but I'm the kind of person, who spills his anger out on objects (FUCK TANKS, BOATS, BUILDINGS, TREES) etc. Although I also admit I can slip, it happened once or twice. But it was never to the point of the verbal abuse you see on other servers.

Other time I got banned by saying "Jew gotta be kidding me."

Most of the swears and insults I spew are out of joke and plain stupid... also, I thought language filter bans on your server are temporary, but i'm here so, yeah.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience and I'll try to control my foul mouth. I am a fan of your conquest server, because it's one of the few playable ones without retar- ... ahem, stupid rules, like "No shotgun" or "No camping".

Really don't want to play between the hackers on "that greek server", so i'm hoping this apology will do.

Thanks.
EyesCreamEagle

Re: [Auto-Admin] EyesCreamEagle - Banned for language

Postby EBassie » Wed 02 Nov, 2016 6:31 pm

Hi EyesCreamEagle,

you have been temp-banned for bad language two times the last week and your 3rd strike made it permanent yesterday.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
2016-10-27 14:41:33 Server Global EyesCreamEagle was banned: [Auto-Admin] EyesCreamEagle was temp banned (86400) for unwanted language
2016-10-29 12:31:49 Server Global EyesCreamEagle was banned: [Auto-Admin] EyesCreamEagle was temp banned (86400) for unwanted language
2016-11-01 21:44:13 Server Global EyesCreamEagle was banned: [Auto-Admin] EyesCreamEagle was banned for unwanted language.
')

These temp bans should have been a warning for you. A warning you chose to ignore, resulting in another ban.

Our Auto-Admin does check at bad language towards other players.
I don't care if you are a foul mouth in real life. I do care about a server where people treat each other with respect and where players respect our rules.

I'm willing to remove your ban, but let me be clear:
Mind your language, do not disrespect other players and play by our rules. If not: your next ban will be permanent.

Do you agree?

With regards,

EB
EBassie
Leader

Postby EyesCreamEagle » Wed 02 Nov, 2016 7:01 pm

Yup, agreed.

But the language filter allows other immature players swear their mouths off, unless they use certain words.
For example, ass is allowed. Asshole is not. Fuck you is a ban, Fuck is not. Etc.
I think the language filter is a bit too sensitive for a 17+ game, just my honest opinion.
Never saw a server, where the chat would ruin the gameplay.
EyesCreamEagle

Postby EBassie » Wed 02 Nov, 2016 8:41 pm

Let me explain the difference:
"Fuck you" is directly aimed at another player. Saying "Fuck my gun was empty" is not directed at any player.
Hence we don't punish for saying just "Fuck".

We use this filter since BF3 and surely have added (and removed) some words over the years.
But when you look at all the ban appeals on our website you can see our filter is not the problem here ;)

Nevertheless, I've removed your ban.

Have fun!

EB
EBassie
Leader

Postby Loki » Wed 02 Nov, 2016 9:54 pm

EyesCreamEagle wrote:Yup, agreed.

But the language filter allows other immature players swear their mouths off, unless they use certain words.
For example, ass is allowed. Asshole is not. Fuck you is a ban, Fuck is not. Etc.
I think the language filter is a bit too sensitive for a 17+ game, just my honest opinion.
Never saw a server, where the chat would ruin the gameplay.

Ahhh ... don't point your finger on other players when you're self are banned for bad language! You are not the only one who have been kicked or time-banned for bad language in the past, but you are one of the few who got a perm ban!

We are willing to remove your ban so please: Say thank you and behave well in the future ... further discussions are not needed!

You got a second chance ... use them well and wise!
Loki
Leader in Retirement

Postby EyesCreamEagle » Wed 02 Nov, 2016 9:59 pm

Alright then, thanks. I just hate language filters.
Anyways, thank you for your time and it won't happen again, i'll try hard.
EyesCreamEagle

Postby VakuumKnecht » Thu 03 Nov, 2016 12:46 pm

If you hate them you are free to host an own server with your rules. As long as you play in our house our rules apply. If you don't respect them we will kick you out of our house it's that simple. So are our rules simple and fair.
"The price of greatness is responsibility" - Winston Churchill
VakuumKnecht
Clan Member