Conquest small 48 players

... players & admins
... nade / m320 / RPG / SMAW spam
... server scripts
... problems with TeamSpeak
... anything else on our servers

Conquest small 48 players

Postby Jynn » Mon 23 Nov, 2015 5:32 pm

Hello 11 Clan. Since I know your chainlink and Conquest servers well and they are almost always full, I thought I would enter a suggestion. That is for a 48 player Conquest Small server. I just finished writing a forum post on the main bf4 forum when I thought I'd come here and make the suggestion. Here is why I think it is generally a more enjoyable mode than Conquest 64:

- since there is a max of 5 flags, most layouts are somewhat linear which results in battle fronts and a feeling of working as team.

- less flags means lots of action.

- Each flag feels much more valuable and capturing one feels like an achievement.

- Because it's more valuable, and because of the existence of fronts, players are more likely to do their job and defend the flag rather than just run off to some uncontested enemy flag. In 7 flag conquest large games, one can sometimes have some extremely boring rounds of just running from 1 uncontested flag to another because they are the uninteresting outskirts ones. So you might be doing the best job for your team but it's horribly boring.

- less vehicles make them more of a supporting role. This gives infantry the freedom to choose a class like Assault rather than the obligatory engineer on most vehicle-centric maps. Generally I feel like when the main focus of the map is infantry, it's more fun. Vehicles of course have their place but it's no fun running around as a defenceless soldier with vehicles everywhere.

I think there's a reason that locker, metro and zavod are the most popular Conquest large maps, because they subscribe to many of the points above. Playing the other maps as Small with 48 players creates the same conditions. Unfortunately for me, the only 2 servers that have this running regularly is ATRGamers in US and I'm in Europe. Even with the latency annoyance I still mostly play there.

So I wonder if you guys are interested in giving this a go and maybe converting your conquest server to 48 small for a week and see how it goes. If you're unsure perhaps you should try the mode on ATR gamers in the US for a few rounds and see for yourself. I believe that once people try it, it's they mode they will flock to. The ATR servers are almost always full.
Jynn

Re: Conquest small 48 players

Postby EBassie » Mon 23 Nov, 2015 5:50 pm

Jynn wrote:So I wonder if you guys are interested in giving this a go and maybe converting your conquest server to 48 small for a week and see how it goes. If you're unsure perhaps you should try the mode on ATR gamers in the US for a few rounds and see for yourself. I believe that once people try it, it's they mode they will flock to. The ATR servers are almost always full.

Sorry, we're not interested in turning our 64 player CQ server into a 48 player server.
Neither are we interested in buying another server to run 48 players CQ.

Maintaining our 2 servers is already hard enough, sorry.
EBassie
Leader

Postby Jynn » Mon 23 Nov, 2015 6:12 pm

I understand, was just a thought. Don't want to be the guy just giving out unwelcome suggestions, but have you thought about upping the ticket count on your conquest server? 800 tickets runs out so fast.

btw love your chainlink server
Jynn

Postby EBassie » Mon 23 Nov, 2015 6:16 pm

Jynn wrote:have you thought about upping the ticket count on your conquest server? 800 tickets runs out so fast.

800 tickets usually results in a round time of +/- 30 minutes on most CQ maps when a round is balanced.
I think that's just the right duration before it gets boring.
EBassie
Leader

Postby Jynn » Mon 23 Nov, 2015 6:24 pm

fair enough. Thanks for hearing my suggestions.
Jynn

Postby EBassie » Mon 23 Nov, 2015 6:54 pm

Jynn wrote:fair enough. Thanks for hearing my suggestions.

You're welcome. ;)

But seriously, our CQ server is the #4 most popular server in the world according to BF4DB.com:
http://bf4db.com/servers/stats

That means we are doing something right with that server, like:
A friendly environment, no stupid rules, no weird class limits: just plain vanilla gameplay on all maps.

Since this server is such a success, I will not change anything that changes gameplay. Let alone change the amount of player slots. ;)
EBassie
Leader

Postby Jynn » Mon 23 Nov, 2015 7:40 pm

yeh I totally understand, it would be madness to change your winning formula. You should try the ATR gamers server in the US though, cos 48 Small is really a great game mode. If you also loved it and somehow your clan got into some more money, maybe you'd want to try host an extra server like that. (I would definitely be prepared to contribute to the cost)
Jynn

Postby EBassie » Mon 23 Nov, 2015 8:51 pm

Adding another server is not just about money though.

Like I said in a previous comment: maintaining just these two servers is already 'hard work'.
The financial aspect isn't the biggest problem: getting the server populated and popular is where the real challenge is. This will take time and there are already way too many servers for the number of BF4 players.

Buying another server for just being empty is throwing serious money away.

I did notice there is only one active 48 slot CQ SMALL server on Battlelog, but that is a Lockers-Only server.
So there might be a change of making a popular CQ small server with 48 slots.

But... we are just a small clan and we don't get to play every day since many of use are pretty busy with normal-day-stuff (work & study).

I, however, put many hours in our servers every day and frankly I have no more time to administer another server.

Long story short: I do not see 11clan starting such a server. Sorry.
But you can always try it yourself. ;)
EBassie
Leader

Postby Jynn » Mon 23 Nov, 2015 9:42 pm

cool mate, good chatting with you. take care
Jynn