... server scripts
... problems with TeamSpeak
... anything else on our servers

People are complaining about 2 players

Postby Marlow » Thu 29 Oct, 2015 7:04 pm

Hi All,

I am seeing constant complaints about 2 players

BOTNS - http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/botns/stats/464988821/pc/

G4LLOW - http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/G4LLOW/stats/308427422/pc/

While the stats dont say anything is suspicious, G4LLOW's headshot to kill ratio is very high and has a 48.24 Accuracy rating and rated 19th in the world for Scout Elite.

Kills 73979
Headshots 57477

I don't see how everybody can be wrong and they are constantly the top players on every single map rotation.

Not making any accusations, it may be some players are just that good which is does spoil the games for some lesser players.

Maybe an admin can take a look and finally put this conflict to bed once and for all.
Marlow

Re: People are complaining about 2 players

Postby EBassie » Thu 29 Oct, 2015 7:34 pm

Hi Marlow,

we have already checked these players extensively and I haven't found any evidence suggesting they are cheating.

And I refuse to ban players just because they are better than others.

With regards,

EB
EBassie
Leader

Postby Marlow » Fri 30 Oct, 2015 2:28 pm

Hi Bassie,

Ant that finally put this issue to bed...
Marlow

Postby Passinero » Sun 01 Nov, 2015 3:45 pm

Marlow wrote:
Ant that finally put this issue to bed...

Not really. The issue will stay. Just because the authority says there is no problem doesnt mean there is no problem. :lol:
Politicians try to solve their problems the same way but in democracy it doesn't really work. Unfortunately gaming clans are no democracys but "dictatorships".

Even though I can understand that they won't ban people for being "better", I would do, just because those players ruin the game for others, no matter if if they're actually cheating or not.

OK, some people might say that I ruin their game as well but in my opinion there's difference between my claymores (open your eyes) and for example G4llow's sniping "skills" you just can't escape.

I accepted the clan leaders decision to not ban G4llow so I try to be in the same team or avoid playing when he is playing.
Passinero

Postby EBassie » Sun 01 Nov, 2015 4:12 pm

Passinero wrote:Not really. The issue will stay. Just because the authority says there is no problem doesn't mean there is no problem. :lol:

Just because some players are good, doesn't make it a problem.

Passinero wrote:Politicians try to solve their problems the same way but in democracy it doesn't really work. Unfortunately gaming clans are no democracys but "dictatorships".

Really, calling us a dictatorship doesn't really fly and I'm kinda offended by that remark.

All our members have a say in how we run OUR servers.
All mayor decisions within the clan are democratically made.
You as outsider may suggest changes that we can discuss with our members. We are no dictatorship.
Just because we don't have to answer to YOU, doesn't make us (who rent and pay these servers) dictators.

I think I suggested this already to you:
If you don't like how we run things here, just leave and never come back.
Start you own server with your own stupid ban policy. I will even refund your donation so you have a financial start.

Passinero wrote:Even though I can understand that they won't ban people for being "better", I would do, just because those players ruin the game for others, no matter if if they're actually cheating or not.

Again: start you own server and be a badmin where good players will get banned and complain about you and your server on the Battlelog forums. Just do it already.

Passinero wrote:OK, some people might say that I ruin their game as well but in my opinion there's difference between my claymores (open your eyes) and for example G4llow's sniping "skills" you just can't escape.

I accepted the clan leaders decision to not ban G4llow so I try to be in the same team or avoid playing when he is playing.

FYI: there are almost the same amounts of complaints about you noobing around with all the claymores as people complaining about you these 2 players. Should we ban you now too?
EBassie
Leader

Postby Passinero » Sun 01 Nov, 2015 4:30 pm

EBassie wrote:
Passinero wrote:Politicians try to solve their problems the same way but in democracy it doesn't really work. Unfortunately gaming clans are no democracys but "dictatorships".

Really, calling us a dictatorship doesn't really fly and I'm kinda offended by that remark.

I used the plural. I wasn't talking about your clan specifically.

EBassie wrote:I think I suggested this already to you:
If you don't like how we run things here, just leave and never come back.
Start you own server with your own stupid ban policy. I will even refund your donation so you have a financial start.

I really don't like how you run your servers. I also don't like how Merkel & Co. run Germany, but I stay anyway.

G4llow has already been auto-banned from your server for his accuracy or headshot/kill % if I remeber correctly. I think there is a reason why you autoban such people. For me, personally, there is no difference between getting that kind of accuracy / Headshot/Kill % by practice or hacks. He has a Headshot / Kill percentag of 56.

Ebassie wrote:FYI: there are almost the same amounts of complaints about you noobing around with all the claymores as people complaining about you these 2 players. Should we ban you now too?

As I wrote in my last contribution. There is a difference between my claymores, which everyone could easily avoid by looking around corners and G4llows spurious gameplay no one can avoid. It's not about the amount of complaints.
Passinero

Postby EBassie » Sun 01 Nov, 2015 4:46 pm

Passinero wrote:I used the plural. I wasn't talking about your clan specifically.

Very smart to write it up that way, but still you suggested we are a dictatorship. I don't care how you twist your own words.

Passinero wrote:I really don't like how you run your servers. I also don't like how Merkel & Co. run Germany, but I stay anyway.

Again: I suggest you stop playing on our servers. It's better for all parties involved.
I will refund your donation later today.

Passinero wrote:G4llow has already been auto-banned from your server for his accuracy or headshot/kill % if I remeber correctly. I think there is a reason why you autoban such people.

Because our script is not bulletproof either and will have false positives. False positives are being removed, because we only ban real cheaters and players not following our server rules.

Passinero wrote:For me, personally, there is no difference between getting that kind of accuracy / Headshot/Kill % by practice or hacks.

Wow... you would really be an excellent badmin. Ban everyone that's remotely better than you. No difference between pure natural skill and paid skill... seriously... pathetic.

Passinero wrote:As I wrote in my last contribution. There is a difference between my claymores, which everyone could easily avoid by looking around corners and G4llows spurious gameplay no one can avoid. It's not about the amount of complaints.

Sure it's about the amount of complaints. If nobody complains about these 2 excellent players, we wouldn't have this discussion, would we?
EBassie
Leader

Postby Passinero » Sun 01 Nov, 2015 4:57 pm

EBassie wrote:
Wow... you would really be an excellent badmin. Ban everyone that's remotely better than you. No difference between pure natural skill and paid skill... seriously... pathetic.

I would't ban everyone thats better than me. In this case I'd have to ban almost everyone. :lol:
I wasn't talking about botns btw. I was talking about G4llow. Maybe you got me wrong there.

And yes. In case of G4llow I would ban someone with that kind of "pure natural skill". :lol:
Just because he ruins the game for many others and there is no way to avoid it (again compared to my claymores, for example).
Passinero

Postby EBassie » Sun 01 Nov, 2015 5:02 pm

As promised I've refunded your donation.
EBassie
Leader

Postby Loki » Sun 01 Nov, 2015 6:07 pm

@ Passinero

Well, you made your opinions clear, let me do that also with my.

In the past I made a difference between people who use cheats active and those who only spawned by cheating players.
- As an example: spawning on a roof which you can only reach through a teleporting cheat.
I banned the active cheater for lifetime and kicked the freeloaders with an corresponding message.

In the future I will do that not longer, a ban will be now the answer for both!
Perhaps I will have an selective perception, but that's not unusual for politicians!

... ah and by the way: we also banned people for: "You're not welcome anymore" in the past!

For me ... case closed
Loki
Leader in Retirement

Next