... players & admins
... nade / m320 / RPG / SMAW spam
... server scripts
... problems with TeamSpeak
... anything else on our servers

One rule for some?

Postby cake-end » Thu 02 Jan, 2014 9:49 pm

Hi,

I was on your metro server earlier today and was killed by m320 smoke. The other guy said sorry and all was well. The other payer was not killed/kicked or anything and that is fine by me - these things happen.

At around 17:05 today I was trying to pass through the front stairs by smoking them and running over the top towards the US spawn from the RU held B (I was RU). I smoked the stairs a few times and killed some guy on my 2nd or 3rd smoke canister..... I was immediately kicked and banned for 30 minutes for this!

What gives? Why was I kicked and not the guy from earlier (yes I do know the name of the other guy who killed me and have no problem with them for not being kicked) and finally why the 30 minute ban?

I enjoy your server, but this smoke kick rule needs looking at - and before anyone says 'aim at the floor/roof - I always do that 8P

Cheers + Happy New Year!
Cake
cake-end

Re: One rule for some?

Postby cake-end » Thu 02 Jan, 2014 10:04 pm

Fan - fecking - tastic!!!!!!!

Banned for a day - same reason.

this is fucked up.

cake
cake-end

Postby Loki » Thu 02 Jan, 2014 10:41 pm

Hi cake
I removed your ban.

ProCon (our Admin Server Tool) makes no difference between M320 smoke nades and other nades, so we have no chance to delete only the smoke nades from our "No Explosives" rule. For the first M320 kill, you get a warning, for the second one you get a 30 min ban.

What happened with you?

1.) You killed someone with a smoke nade and overlooked the warning, for your next smoke kill you got time banned.

2.) You are the unhappiest guy on the metro server and make two kills with only one smoke nade. The warning for the first kill omitted and you got time banned immediately.

I know sometimes thats annoying but this approach is the only way for us to get rid of M320 spammers ... sorry.

Regards
Loki
Loki
Leader in Retirement

Postby cake-end » Thu 02 Jan, 2014 11:27 pm

Hi Loki,

Thanks for removing the ban.

I never receive a warning for m320 smoke kill - kick straight away - without fail. Admittedly, I have been kicked more then a few times for the same reason.

Today I was kicked immediately with 1 smoke kill and banned for 30 mins, even though a regular player was not kicked for killing me in the same manner!? Then after I posted I killed another guy with the smoke and - bang - kick + ban.

Thanks again,

Cake
cake-end

Postby EBassie » Fri 03 Jan, 2014 12:08 am

I removed the warnings a while ago. Now it's instant kick / ban for all forbidden weapons.

It's not only the admin tool not seeing a difference between regular M320 or M320 smoke.
The gameserver itself does not give us the distinction between the two.

Just a tip:
Use the M320 smoke as underslung, problem solved.

Using the M320 as underslung only reports the main gun on which the M320 is attached to.
That's why some players are not getting punished automatically, because we can only see it as a kill with the M16 (for instance.)

That's also why the !m320 report function is active.

But don't abuse the M320 Explosive as underslung, we still kick and ban for that if noticed or reported.

Hope this helps.

With regards,
EB
EBassie
Leader