11 Clan Member panel

Member Login

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

secret mole . possible incorrect kick, totally incorrect ban

secret mole . possible incorrect kick, totally incorrect ban

Postby secret_mole » Sun 22 Sep, 2013 6:36 pm

Hi,

I am using the account secret mole on the conquest large Metro map.

I was playing and got kicked for using the M67 hand grenades - I was using hand grenades in the game, but wasn't using them at the time. I was unaware that they where not allowed, a little frustrating as there is nothing in the join message or admin messages to say "no grenades" but fair enough, I had used them in the game, I assumed the kick was down to using them earlier on in the match.
I rejoined after eating, was lying down by the C based on the metro map using the PKP PECHENEG I got approx. 5 - 6 kills in the space of a few seconds as the opposition team where charging "C".

I then got kicked and informed of a 30 minute ban for again using M67 grenades, however this time I was aware of the rules after the previous kick and had made a point of not using any grenades at all, however I had just got 5 - 6 kills in the space of a few seconds.

I'm wondering if there is a glitch in the method you are detecting the use of grenades ? as the initial kick I'd got a few kills in a row quickly, and on the actual ban I'd got 5 - 6 kills in the space of a few seconds, but that time it was %101 with the PKP PECHENEG and I'd not threw a grenade all match.

The actual ban is not a problem as it says it will be removed in 30 minutes, although a little frustrating to be kicked and banned for what appears to be an incorrect detection / reason, what I am concerned about it that

a.) if I rejoin after the ban is removed - will I get banned again for grenade use ? as I didn't use it this time so don't know why that got picked up as a ban ?
b.) others maybe getting the same issue
c.) is there another reason I got banned and the reason text is incorrect, if so please let me know as I'm not aware of what I've done.

I don't break rules, so either something is going wrong here, which is why I'm flagging it rather than wait for it to happen again potentially, or there is a rule I'm breaking that I'm not aware of and the reason message text is incorrect.
thanks.
secret_mole

Re: secret mole . possible incorrect kick, totally incorrect

Postby EBassie » Sun 22 Sep, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi secret_mole,

The auto-admin makes no mistakes. It acts on what the server passes on to it.
So, when you use nades, you will be killed, kicked or banned.

But... there is a flaw / bug / annoyance in this game:
1. You shoot and kill a player.
2. That same player had a nade in his hands
3. Player is dead, but that nade will explode
4. When that nade kills his teammates you will get punished for using nades

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about that. And lately we see more abusers of this.
So, when you encounter such glitchers, please contact the admin with !admin (most of the time there is an admin present)

For now, I've removed your ban.

Thanks for contacting us.

Greetings,

EB
EBassie
Leader