11 Clan Member panel

Member Login

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

MhicLeoid ... Banned...

MhicLeoid ... Banned...

Postby MhicLeoid » Sat 14 Sep, 2013 12:30 pm

Tried to join your server for a morning game of Metro as I play on your server as a regular & I got this message:

''Game disconnected: you have been banned from this server. Stated reason: 14/09/2013 12:11:15 - Name Change Hack detected for 'MhicLeoid''

Wtf is a name change hack? If I wanted to change my name I'd just do it in Origin Battlelog so I haven't got clue what that even means? Maybe something is wrong with your server? Can you go through & unban me please. That is just silly, I've never hacked in a game in my life & just lol, 'name change hack'...
MhicLeoid

Re: Banned...

Postby EBassie » Sat 14 Sep, 2013 1:08 pm

Hi MhicLeoid,

your ban was a false positive in an attempt to remove "Name Change Hackers" from our servers.
At the moment punkbuster is completely useless for certain hacks.

One of them is the ingame namechanger hack.

So, we set up new scripts to detect a player's name change when he's playing on our server.

As said: you were a false positive. I've removed your ban.

I'm sorry this has happened to you, but at the moment these scripts are our only offence against these hackers.
EBassie
Leader

Re: MhicLeoid ... Banned...

Postby MhicLeoid » Sat 14 Sep, 2013 1:29 pm

Hi Bassie,
Not a problem at all. Mistakes happen & you guys have to test scripts to combat the hacker scourge. I totally agree with what you are trying to do & for the most part, you guys are doing a good job in keeping your server clean, which is why I like playing there.

I will keep playing on the server & help you identify suspect players. It all helps & no problem with the false positive. Thanks for understanding & keep doing a good job.

Mhicleoid out. :)
MhicLeoid

Postby EBassie » Sat 14 Sep, 2013 2:27 pm

I see you got banned again... so I removed it again... ;)

Right now we're only logging until we fix it
EBassie
Leader

Postby EBassie » Sat 14 Sep, 2013 4:57 pm

Hmm... somehow this ban is still present...

please try again
EBassie
Leader